Its been so long since i've written, I dont really have a reason other than just life getting in the way which I suppose is a good thing.
But now I find myself with time on my hands, I havent worked for a while, I started getting bad sciatic pain back in November, fast forward to February and I find myself having surgery at the tender age of 30!
I had a lumbar laminectomy on my lower spine on the 1st Feb. Im back to work part time but far from back to my old self. I'm still getting pain in my legs and I cant put my own socks on which is a problem as I live by myself and dont have anyone to help me at the moment.
I have to say the time off work has made me think, it's made me think about how we take our health and fitness for granted, the saying 'you dont know what you have until its gone' is so true
one minute I was shopping on 5th avenue with my friend Liz, the next I'm not able to bend down and put my shoes on.
the good part is I hope to make a full recovery in time, it should take about 6 months or so but I'm determined to get back to normal.
I spare a thought for those who live with illnesses or health problems every day of their lives, its couragous to get up and face the world every day when you are in chronic pain or have a life threatning illness, those people who stay positive through things like that every day are my heroes
a friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer at 21, I was deeply upset for her when she went though all that, losing her hair due to chemo, the sickness and the pain and through all that she smiled and said 'at least I cant wear wigs and I can be any hair colour I want, a different one every day if I want to'
I couldnt believe how positive she was, now we are both 30, her cancer is back and this time they have said that its terminal, but she is still probably one of the most positive people I know, she hasnt given up, she is living life as if every day is her last, she makes the most of every second she has and I admire her for that attitude. Everytime I feel down or feel sorry for myself I think of her and think 'what would Angela do? what would she say to stay positive in this situation?'
and just like that I suddenly remember that I am very blessed now matter what kind of day I'm having
x
Friday, March 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment