Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Positive/Negative

Recently I have really begun to notice how negative people are, I listen to my friends and work collegues and then endless self loathing and misery is quite remarkable and it makes me really sad

It got me thinking, are we all really that unhappy or are we just naturally more comfortable moaning?
We do it so much that we dont even realise we are doing it.

I then started to analyse my own behaviour to assess whether I am a positive person or a negative person. And I dont just mean in the things we all say to each other but also the narration that goes on in our heads all day
I was astonished to find I am actually no different to everyone else, and I am more of a negative person than I reslised!

Take today for example, the serious of minor but annoying events that have contributed to my negative thoughts today

1. Didnt sleep very well due to the noise of the snow plow right outside my window! he had been plowing from 2am-6am - very annoying

2. I consider going to work, I check the emails on my Blackberry and find yet another work collegue has sent a stroppy email to me so I call in sick, they can get lost if they think I'm going to spend my day dealing with rude people, I am not superwoman!

3. The Maintenance people come around to finally fix the wall where I had the leaking drainpipe, but yet again they 'assess' the work instead of actually doing it, i wait in all day for them to come back but they are a no show! brilliant thanks for nothing (again)

4. There is a problem with my water bill, they say my payment is late, I say they never sent it to me in the first place, Im on the phone for an hour then they said they would call back (that was 6 hours ago!)

5. My dad starts posting very hideous childhood pictures of me on Facebook for all my friends to see! i spent the afternoon changing all my privacy settings so as to reduce the amount of people who could see me looking like a geek - thanks Dad!

6. I paid extra for 2 day delivery on Amazon, yes you guessed it, my purchases are no-where to be seen even though they promised it would be delivered today!

So an average day but when I sit down and analyse it this is such a frustrating life
I want to be a positive person and I consider myself to have good fortune, so how can I become more positive and not get dragged down by these minor but annoying frustrations that a part of daily life?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like quite a few pestering bumps got in your way today. I think the best thing to do about it is consider the fact that you get through them. All those annoyances are nothing but Yesterday's news. Why let them spill over to the next day if your don't have to? A lot of people linger around too much and decide to wallow and feel sorry for themselves. All you have to do to be a positive person is take on whatever comes your way and show em who's boss! Best of luck and wishes!

    Christian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that keeping a gratitude journal helps to diffuse the pessimism the world throws at you. Back in November 2007 I blogged daily about things I was thankful for. It was a great exercise and I am grateful I did it.

    The url to my entries tagged gratitude is: http://kealajacobs.blogspot.com/search/label/gratitude

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean! It seems like my whole school is extremely down and angry, and I would have to say that I've topped the list some days. But I'm trying to be more positive (my blog is about my journey!) so if you check there I'll be including encouraging tips! (P.S. it's just getting started but I'll be putting everything that helps me up!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS A TRUE STORY OF EVENTS SURROUNDING A 27 YEAR OLD BRITISH MAN WHO WAS WRONGLY ACCUSED OF ARSON ON A VISIT TO SPAIN 19 YEARS AGO. WITH EVENTS TAKING PLACE IN THE EARLY HOURS ONE MORNING WHICH INCLUDE A HOTEL FIRE, DEAD AND CHARRED BODIES, THE RESCUE, THE POLICE, THE ARREST, THE PRISON, THE COURT, THE FALSE NEWSPAPER ALLEGATIONS AND THEN FLEEING SPAIN WHEN ON BAIL AND NEVER TO RETURN, THIS IS A STORY I MUST TELL.


    Follow the story on my blog and let me know what you think I would be most grateful. The address is:

    http://thewrongplaceatthewrongtime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how it feels. BTW your Blog is really interesting. I'm new in blogger...so maybe you can read my blog http://skyeroseworld.blogspot.com/
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your presentation of yourself feeling negative, but I guess it's human nature. We can't be upbeat and optimistic all the time. We need challenges and we learn from these challenges. Negativity in our daily lives makes us more human if we can deal with them in positive way. Don't worry you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To be honest, think of the poor sod outside your room having to clear the snow in the cold, dark and getting paid peanuts!! Apart from that your views are cool....also to see how life could be so much worse, read my blog above of what happening to me in Spian and I am still writing it........

    ReplyDelete