I'm 29 years old, and really I know I should have seen Breakfast at Tiffany's before but I've never been into films much, especially films older than me!
However, since moving to America almost 9 Months ago I have become fixated with films that are linked to the places I have been - in this case New York!
I've stood outside those Tiffany Co. doors and wished I could go inside and buy something gorgeous in a little blue box, isn't that every girls dream?
Sure I've been into the store, I've had my picture taken outside, even gone up to the 3rd floor and watched with immense jealousy as the serious Tiffany shopper's view their new trinkets in the mirrors and leave clutching that gorgeous trademark blue bag, they slide their American Express cards across the counter without so much as a wince of 'my god I'm going to be paying this off for the rest of my life'
But this just made me wonder, what is it about buying expensive things that makes us fill with happiness, is it because we really need that necklace to make us happy? will that new ring make me more intelligent or more beautiful? Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't, I'm fairly sure I wont find out anytime soon because life tends to get in the way of me spending money on the things I really want.
Lily Allen really read my mind when she wrote 'the fear' - I want loads of clothes and F*ck loads of diamonds! Our lifestyles have really come to revolve about superficial things like what we own rather than anything on a deeper level, is it so wrong if it makes us happy?
I would love to be one of those girls who doesn't need to hit the shops everytime I have a bad day at work, I wish I didnt get a buzz of excitement from going to Macy's and buying myself another Coach handbag that I don't really need... but I'm a Princess at heart and thats how my brain functions, I'm fairly sure I'm too old to break this habit now!
However the reality is that for me it really is just breakfast at Tiffany's - what's good enough for Audrey Hepburn is good enough for me
x
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey princess1980! saw your post on another site looking for viewers to come see your blog, so here i am. :-) Seems we are in the same boat. I've only just started my own blog too! Want to help out another child of the 80's and maybe see if you like mine, come have a look at http://thejournalofjoe.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteHey Princess, I too was looking was ways to have my blog seen. I came across your post on another site. I'm happy for you that you have followers. I hope I get some readers too!
ReplyDeletehttp://workbutnotatwork.blogspot.com/