Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weight loss!!

Wow, I have been following this since the 16th January

by the first 2 days I could feel it was working, it wasnt difficult to follow. I just had to stick to the 4 Golden rules:

1. When you are hungry EAT
2. Eat Conciously
3. Eat what you really want not what you think you should
4. When you are full STOP eating

being able to be free to eat whatever I wanted was strange at first, I'm a serial dieter and I am so used to points, calories etc etc
so it's a bit scary at first.

The best thing I have found so far is I can eat when I am truly hungry, so I am so much more relaxed around food, I no longer eat just because its lunchtime, if i'm not hungry I simply wait until I am

I wont lie to you I have had a few slip ups, one night I had been out drinking and dancing in my favourite bar in DC, I came home a little worse for wear and demolished a whole box of Milk duds
Paul explains in his book that slip ups are bound to happen and that the best thing to do is forgive yourself and get straight back onto the system

so I weigh myself for the first time this weekend and after 2 weeks I've lost 6lb!! I am really pleased because I have been living my life exactly the way I want to and it feels great

I am focused on continuing with this, I am still having to re-read some of the book to help me
the main time I find it hard to follow the rules is when I go to friends hoses for dinner, I want to socialise with them but they are always so obsessed with forcing second helpings down my throat and then out comes the pudding, I end up feeling too guilty to say no so I really wnat to find a way around this without having to decline every invitation to dinner

Why cant anyone believe me when I say I am full? when I come up with an answer to this I will let you know
any suggestions would be gratefully recieved!

anyway I am feeling possitive about losing 6lb so I will let you know how the next 2 weeks go

xx

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Alas going out to dinner is always a problem. People are too nice and want to give you lots of good food. Just have to stay firm and remember why you are doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Joe, it does seriously annoy me though, why are other people such 'feeders'
    saying that ive just had chocolate for dinner tonight ooops!!
    never mind, even a princess isnt perfect everday, lol

    ReplyDelete