Saturday, January 16, 2010

Does dieting make you fat?

I personally think yes it does!! and here is my evidence
All my friends who are on a diet or have ever been on a diet struggle with their weight (including me), yet all my friends or people I know who manage to control their weight have never dieted in their life

That's not the only thing I have noticed. I have watched friends use the lighter life diet, weight watchers, slimming world, slim fast, south beach diet etc etc and every one of them is temporarily successful but the weight never stays off.
As soon as they reach a good amount of weight loss they relax and start to enjoy feeling slim, they go out more, cut themselves some slack on the strict regime and bang!, before you know it all the weight is back plus extra!!
I'ts a miserable existence. Don't get me wrong Ii am not criticising, its happened to me too, but i am just starting to realise that we are going about it all wrong.

My skinny friends are not athletes or anorexics. They are just normal people enjoying life, they don't diet but they don't always eat super healthy either - so whats the secret??

I believe it is because the slim people I know are much more in tune with their bodies, they know when their body needs good nutrition, they know when they are hungry or full, they know when they need to exercise, they listen to what there body needs day by day, minute by minute.
They also don't seem to eat compulsively, they don't starve themselves for days and then binge. They are just balanced in the way they approach food, their attitude is different towards life and food.

To prove this theory I am going to try out Paul Mckenna's 'I can make you thin' system - now I know what you are thinking, why would i want to try a diet to prove that diets are no good? but hear me out for just a second.

The theory behind Paul McKenna's system is not to diet, it is to re-tune our bodies to understand our natural signals for hunger. I have read up on some of the success stories for this weight loss system and many people have lost huge amounts of weight!

His philosophy is that dieting interferes with your body's natural ability to signal what it needs so I want to test it out and share my journey with you.

It could lead to weight loss, it could lead to nothing - stay tuned to find out!

1 comment:

  1. Well i wish you luck, and hope you manage to get your goal weight. It is a shame it is so hard to do.

    ReplyDelete